Professional and Interdisciplinary Skills
- Professional and Interdisciplinary Skills
The department of Professional and Interdisciplinary Skills (AfK) gives you the opportunity to develop and enhance your competence profile. We offer courses in key competences ranging from study skills, writing and languages to career-oriented skills classes held in German and English.
Classes held in German
We recommend knowledge of German at level B2 (CEFR) at least to attend these classes. You will find information about the different levels on the ZfbK Forum Languages & Cultures pages. For information on German courses see the pages of the International Office
- Courses on academic writing (German)
- Study skills: communication, media competence
- Professional skills: social and personal competence, methods
- Student counselling: psychological counselling to cope with problems while studying > exam anxiety, motivational problems etc.
- Extra certification if you gain at least 6 CP in a competence area
Classes held in English
- AfK-275: Intercultural Awareness Training
- AfK-Nr. 618 Seminar: Introduction to Academic Writing
- AfK-358: Regional competence in selected regions, partly in English
Courses in the current semester and enrolment on Stud.IP
- writing peer tutoringservice (German/English)
If you have general questions about classes offered by AfK, please contact us
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by phone: +49 (0)641/98 442 123
Specific questions can be answered by our team. You will find the right partner with contact hours here.