Rights and obligations in the job in Germany
von 09:00 bis 12:00
|Wo||Online via Cisco Webex|
Die Veranstaltungen finden als Online-Seminar statt. Melden Sie sich dazu in Stud.IP an. Alle Teilnehmer erhalten einen Tag vorher den Link zum Online-Seminar mittels Cisco Webex. Allgemeine Informationen zur Nutzung von Cisco Webex finden Sie auf der folgenden Seite.
In order to prepare well for working in Germany, you need to know about your rights and obligations in the job. This helps you to estimate the quality of a job offer, prevents you from problems and unpleasant surprises and helps you to better negotiate with your potential employer.
• Introduction to general regulations in the German labor law
- Types of employment
- Rights and obligations of the employee and the employer
- Probation period
- Resignation and termination of the contract
- Warning, ordinary and extraordinary termination
- Working hours, holidays and public holidays
• The work contract
- Examples of work contracts and internship contracts
• Salary: components, gross and net income
• The relevance of job references in Germany
• How to prepare well for a good start into your career
Note: We are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice. The goal of the workshop is to give general infomation on what an employee or intern needs to know on a pratical base.
Barbara Motschenbacher is an expert in recruiting, personal development and change management. She studied International Business and Cultural Studies at the University of Passau. Being fluent in German, English, French and Polish, she loves working in International environments.
Anmeldung über(max. 18 Teilnehmer*innen)