How to avoid plagiarism
- JLU Gießen has issued official guidelines on plagiarism. You can download the brochure here.
- The worksheet outlines the different forms of plagiarism to help writers avoid the typical pitfalls that can occur when they write their own texts.
- Some useful information on plagiarism and how to avoid it can also be found at http://www.plagiarism.org. This website also offers advice on different citation styles (MLA, APA, etc.) and links to other resources.
Working with sources
- The worksheet "Working with Sources: Quoting and Paraphrasing" contains information on how to work with sources and use them to good effect in your writing.
- The University of Portsmouth also offers some useful advice and guidelines on quoting and paraphrasing at http://referencing.port.ac.uk