Stellenausschreibung: Research Assistant (Wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft)
The Panel on Planetary Thinking currently seeks applications for a
Research Assistant (Wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft)
starting at the earliest possible date.
The Panel on Planetary Thinking provides scientific support for the development of concepts and strategies in the field of sustainability at Gießen University. The Panel on Planetary Thinking functions as a research-oriented think tank that draws on the interdisciplinary expertise of top JLU scientists to strengthen a university-wide perspective in the field of sustainability. Further information can be found in the press release on its launch: https://t1p.de/4w4r
- Literature research & management of bibliographies
- Website maintenance with Plone & management of social media accounts
- Assistance in workshop organization (digital & in person)
- Preparation of presentations
- Administrative support
- Strong interest in the research topics of the Panel on Planetary Thinking
- Basic expertise in interdisciplinary sustainability research (e.g. earth system analyses, Anthropocene debate)
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Excellent English and German language skills
- Proficient computer-based skills (e.g. web site development, MS Office)
- Independent way of working and personal initiative
- Goal-oriented and systematic approach
- Ability to quickly familiarize oneself with new topics
We offer you insights in the development of an interdisciplinary initiative with great opportunities in expanding your own research competences due to a network of internationally renowned scholars. The workplace is based in the center of Gießen. Working hours are flexible.
Please send your application, including a letter of motivation and a CV with your latest certificates, as one .pdf-file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is 28 June 2020.
If you have any further questions regarding the position please contact Dr. Frederic Hanusch: email@example.com.