Services and Costs
- Hinweis Covid19
Please note that since March 16, 2020, no face-to-face classes can be held at the university for pandemic reasons. Nevertheless, our German courses will be maintained with only a few postponements. Until further notice, classes must take place online. Thank you for your understanding!
How much is the International Spring Course?
- € 370 for exchange students, or
- € 570 for all other applicants
Applicants to the Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences please contactfor further information on costs.
Living Costs in Giessen
- accommodation: around € 325 per month (including linen, utilities, and internet access)
- Deposit: € 250 (refunded at the end of your stay, a service charge is deducted)
- Cost of living: around € 300 per month
- Health insurance: around € 100 per month
Having registered for the International Spring Course, you will receive an email from us. It will include a request for the payment of the course fee. Please pay this amount by bank transfer to the account stated on the invoice within two weeks. After receiving the payment you will get a confirmation of participation from us by email.
Payments from abroad may incur costs (bank charges). These costs cannot be covered by JLU, but must be paid by you.
The following services are in included in the course fee:
- practice-oriented intensive language courses conducted by highly-qualified teachers (60 sessions of 45 min. each)
- support by our well-trained student mentors
- free internet access in all all buildings of Justus Liebig University and in the halls of residence for the duration of the course
- pick-up service from Giessen's main train station on the