Graduation scholarship for international students of JLU
The graduation scholarships are financed by DAAD and the state of Hesse.
A 3- to 6-month grant will be provided: 300 € per month (from November 2020).
In exceptional cases, the duration of the scholarship will be extended and/or the scholarship rate will be increased:
- Funding period of max. 6 months (from November 2020 to April 2021)
- up to max. 600 € per month
The commission will decide on the amount and the exact time period of support!
The scholarship will be granted to international students who
- are enrolled in bachelor's and master's programmes or state examination programmes
- aspire to a degree at JLU (no exchange students, no Free Movers, no German course participants, no participants of the A (Studienkolleg) and no doctoral students)
- are in the final phase of their studies (last 12 months before graduation),
- are in Germany at the time of application and during the scholarship period,
- have not received another scholarship for the same purpose. Furthermore, a simultaneous funding by the International Office, the "Förderverein für unschuldig in Not geratene Studierende e.V. - Solifonds", the "Katholische Hochschulgemeinde" and the "Evangelische Hochschulgemeinde" is not possible.
Please submit your complete application digitally as two PDF files only during the application period mentioned above and in due time. Please send your application to studium-international:
- FIRST PDF-FILE: application form filled out on your PC (please save it after filling it out and send it in the same format!)
- SECOND PDF-FILE: printed and signed application form , which you filled out on your PC (scan/photo) together with the other documents as a single PDF-file (name_first_name_country_study.pdf). Please pay attention to the given order of the required documents:
- a detailed curriculum vitae
- a report on your social situation (justification of your application, stating what you have to do in order to graduate and when you intend to complete your studies). The report (approx. 1 DIN A4 page) can be written in German or English
- Enrolment certificate for the current semester
- Proof of past (last 6 months: March - August 2020) and future financing (next 6 months: September - February 2021)
- Proof of previous academic achievements, Flex-Now printout, assignation of practical year or similar
- Expert opinion of two JLU professors or postdoctoral researchers (please use this form!)
Headed by a representative of the Presidential Board, a Presidential Commission will decide on the awarding of the scholarships.
Which criteria are taken into account in the selection process?
- Academic achievements
- Social situation / indigence
- Expertise of the professors / postdoctoral researchers
- Reasons for the application set out in the report
- Previous length of studies and time required until successful completion
- If applicable, social / intercultural commitment
- Compliance with formal requirements
Applicants will receive feedback from the Selection Committee, probably by the end of October 2020. If you have been selected for a scholarship, you will receive the grant confirmation and further important information by email.
You will receive a scholarship agreement, which you must sign and return to us. Please note the deadline indicated in your confirmation e-mail.