Virtual Summer School
- Virtual Summer School
Perspectives on Islamic Religious Education from Austria, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey
Our virtual summer school is part of the model project IMPACCT (International Mobility with Partners Abroad for Culturally Competent Teachers) funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. All funded projects focus on the internationalisation of teacher education.
The target group of IMPACCT at Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) are students of Primary Education with the subject "Islamic Religion". Our network comprises six universities: University of Innsbruck and University College of Teacher Education Vienna/Krems (Austria), Stockholm University (Sweden), University of Fribourg (Switzerland), Bursa Uludağ University and Marmara University (Turkey).
The virtual summer school will take place from August 25 to August 27, 2021. It consists of lectures, seminars and workshops dealing with ethnographic, interreligious, intercultural and didactic approaches to Islamic Religious Education as well as cultural and networking activities.
The summer school aims to:
- Connect scholars and students from our partner universities
- Provide a platform for discussing international, intercultural and interreligious perspectives on Islamic Religious Education
- Foster intercultural, language and digital competence
- Enhance the students' didactic competence
- Contribute to the professionalisation of pre-service teachers
- Acquaint students with our partner universities
- Promote studying abroad
Questions can be directed to: Wiebke.Nierste@admin.uni-giessen.de