Workshop: After your PhD - Job Search and Careers for Scientists
von 16:30 bis 20:30
|Wo||Erwin-Stein-Gebäude (Goethestraße 58), Raum 201|
Topics to be covered:
- A future in science: what does it mean to be a Postdoc? Possibilities and challenges
- Skills: keys to the job market
- Job-seeking strategies: how to find jobs on the non-academic job market
- Job-application: basic knowledge for written applications
- Focus Germany: Possible difficulties on the German job market for international applicants
Lecturer: Dr Matthias Schwarzkopf works as a coach and trainer for scientists. He counsels PhD-students, Postdocs and Professors in their career. He has been responsible for the process of appointing professors at Jena University and has been head of LehreLernen – the training of teachers in higher education. He is co-founder of karriereberatung-akademiker.de.
Fee: 5 EUR (Please note, the fee has to be paid in advance upon registration!)
Please register until Wednesday, November 15 at the Akademisches Auslandsamt (International Office) during the office hours (Mo + Wed 10 am -12 pm) in Room 21, Goethestr. 58.
Please note, the registration for this workshop is binding!
The following information is required to complete the registration for this workshop:
1. your name
2. your country of origin
3. your field of study
4. stage of your PhD (beginning, middle phase, end phase – writing the thesis, preparing for the defense etc.)
5. Are you a member of the GGL, GGS or GCSC?
6. Are you officially admitted as a PhD-student at the faculty?