Workshop: How to do your PhD successfully?
von 16:00 bis 20:00
new and advanced international PhD-students
In this workshop you will learn how to focus as early as possible on finishing your PhD. The workshop covers the following topics:
• How to define and set goals, do time planning and time management
• How to deal with different requirements at the same time: research, publishing, guiding MA-students etc.
• How to motivate yourself and how to deal with demotivation
• How to structure the work and the writing process
• How to work with your supervisor
• How to keep in mind the formal procedures like “acceptance as PhD-student”
• Do’s and Don’ts for PhD-students
Lecturer: Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf is coach and trainer for scientists. He counsels PhD-students, PostDocs and Professors in their career. He has been responsible for the process of appointing professors in Jena University and has been head of LehreLernen – the training of teachers in higher education. He is cofounder of karriereberatung-akademiker.de
The participation in this workshop is optional but might be very helpful for your upcoming doctorate at JLU.
Please register until Tuesday, November 10 by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your field of study and your country of origin.
Please note that a registration for this workshop is binding!