Workshop: How to do Your PhD Successfully
von 09:30 bis 17:30
|Wo||Erwin-Stein-Gebäude (Goethestraße 58), Raum 201|
Topics to be covered:
- Time and self-management: how to set and define goals and methods to stick to them
- Multi-tasking: research, publishing, guiding MA-students - how to do it all
- How to motivate yourself and how to deal with demotivation
- How to structure work and the writing processes
- How to interact and work with your supervisor
- Administrative Business: do not lose sight of formal procedures like “acceptance as a PhD-student”
- Dos and Don’ts for PhD-students
Lecturer: Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf works as a coach and trainer for scientists. He counsels PhD-students, Postdocs and Professors in their career. He has been responsible for the process of appointing professors at Jena University and has been head of LehreLernen – the training of teachers in higher education. He is co-founder of karriereberatung-akademiker.de.
Fee: 10 EUR (Please note, the fee has to be paid in advance upon registration.)
Please register until Wednesday, November 15 at the Akademisches Auslandsamt (International Office) during the office hours (Mo + Wed 10 am-12 pm) in Room 21, Goethestr. 58.
Please note: the registration for this workshop is binding!!
The following information is required to complete the registration for this workshop:
1. your name
2. your country of origin
3. your field of study
4. stage of your PhD (beginning, middle phase, end phase – writing the thesis, preparing for the defense etc.)
5. Are you a member of the GGL, GGS or GCSC?
6. Are you officially admitted as a PhD-student at the faculty?