Between Family and Career – How to combine them in science?
von 16:00 bis 20:00
|Wo||Alexander-von-Humboldt-Haus, Rathenaustraße 24 A, 35394 Gießen|
|Kontakttelefon||0641 99 30027|
The event will be held in German and English (see details below). Young researchers and staff members, who are interested in possibilities of combining an academic career and family, are very welcome.
We provide a free childcare service by the Giessen association “Eltern helfen Eltern e.V.”.
Please register for the event as well as for the childcare service until May 7, 2014 via the registration form.
16.00 p.m. Welcome address
16.15 p.m. Info talks
Talks in German, international participants will receive a detailed English handout.
- Marion Oberschelp (Gender Equality Officer JLU Giessen): Presentation of the JLU’s various services for supporting young parents in science
- Susanne Schreiber (Family Service Office): Presentation of the childcare offers of the JLU for students, doctoral students and staff members
17.00 p.m. Break
17.15 p.m. Panel discussion
In German, international participants have the possibility to ask questions in English. The speakers will answer in English.
Central question: How to combine family and career in sciences? Experienced scientists from the JLU will talk about their lives and encourage you.
- Prof. Dr. Katja Becker, Institute of Nutritional Sciences at the JLU Giessen, Chair of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Prof. Dr. Gabriele Britz, Institute of Public Law and European Law at the JLU Giessen, Judge at the Federal Constitutional Court
- Prof. Dr. Anja Klöckner, Institute of Classical and Ancient Studies at the JLU Giessen, classical archaeology and collection of antiques
- Dr. Liane Wörner, Postdoc und academic councilor at the Institute of Criminal Law, Criminal Trial Law, and Criminal Law Comparison at the JLU Giessen
18.45 p.m. Info Lounge with free drinks and snacks
Contact persons will provide international participants with information in English.
- Marion Oberschelp and Susanne Schreiber
- Representatives of the Giessen Graduate Centres GGS, GGK/GCSC, GGL, and the International Office
- Dr. Gitta Victoria Brüschke (SciMento)
- Dr. Astrid Franzke (ProProfessor)
- Dr. Ulrike Kéré (MentorinnenNetzwerk)