Research Assistant (m/f/d)
Founded in 1607, Justus Liebig University Giessen (JLU) is a research university rich in tradition. Inspired by curiosity about the unknown, we enable around 26,500 students and 5,700 employees to advance science for society. Join us in breaking new ground and writing success stories - your own and those of our university.
Support us from 01.04.2024 in full-time as
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
In accordance with § 2 WissZeitVG and § 72 HessHG, the position is to be filled on a fixed-term basis at the Professorship of Stochastics, Mathematical Institute at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Physics, Geography. The salary is in accordance with the collective labour agreement of the State of Hessen (E 13 TV-H).
As long as the maximum permissible duration of a fixed-term contract is not exceeded, you will be employed for an initial period of 3 years. An extension for up to another 3 years is possible under the above-mentioned condition.
Your tasks at a glance
- Opportunity for own academic and didactic qualification, activities in research and teaching according to § 72 HessHG
- Taking on teaching duties according to the teaching obligation ordinance of the state of Hessen
- Participation in current research projects of the professorship in the field of stochastics
Your qualifications and skills
- Completed Master‘s or equivalent university degree in mathematics (with a focus on stochastics)
- Doctorate in stochastics
- You are highly motivated to work academically in this field and enjoy taking on new challenges
- Interest in university teaching and working with students
Our offer to you
- A varied job with flexible working hours
- Free use of local public transport (LandesTicket Hessen)
- More than 100 training seminars, workshops and e-learning opportunities per year for personal development, as well as a wide range of health and sports activities.
- Remuneration according to TV-H, company pension scheme, child allowance and special payments
- Good compatibility of family and career (certificate "audit familiengerechte hochschule")
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Dr. Matthias Meiners by telephone (+49 641/99-32100) or by e-mail (Matthias.Meiners@math.uni-giessen.de).
JLU aims to employ more women in academic research. We therefore particularly encourage female candidates to apply. Due to the women's support plan, there is an obligation to increase the proportion of women. JLU is regarded as a family-friendly university. Applicants with children are very welcome. Applications from disabled people of equal aptitude will be given preference. In general, a division of the position in two part-time positions with 50% of the regular working hours is possible in accordance with the Hessian Equal Opportunities Act.
You want to break new ground with us?
Apply via our online form by December 12th, 2023, indicating reference number 678/07. We look forward to receiving your application.