Regulations for granting dissertation awards in the most recent edition from January 23, 2018
Thanks to the financial support of the Giessen Collegiate Society, it is once again possible this year to recognize eight outstanding dissertations that have been completed at Justus Liebig University Giessen with an award of €500 each.
As long as there are enough applicable works in each, the following sections will award one dissertation each:
1. Law and Business
2. Social and Sports Sciences and Psychology
3. Language, Literature, Culture, History, and Philosophy
4. Natural Sciences
5. Agriculture, Home Economics, and Environmental Management
6. Veterinary Medicine, Animal Biology, Medicine, Dentistry, and Human Biology
Moreover, two additional dissertations can receive a reward regardless of their section.
Any member or associate of Justus Liebig University Giessen can nominate someone; even self-nominations are possible. The nominations must be justified in detail and sent to the respective office of the dean with the following attachments (also possible electronically as Word or PDF files):
- One copy of the dissertation
- Résumé of the nominee that includes the duration of doctoral studies and date of the defense
- List of any publications
The faculties will add an official evaluation to each nomination and, in case of multiple nominations, will rank them.
Any dissertation that the faculties accepted and held a disputation for between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018 can be nominated.
The deadline for submission to the faculties is April 15, 2018.