Framing guidelines for annual performance reviews at JLU
The guidelines for the annual performance review can be found in the “framing guidelines for annual performance reviews at JLU ”. Among others, the following approaches are included:
- Participants: Immediate superiors and their employees conduct the annual performance review. Immediate superiors are people with leading authority who are able to appoint tasks to their employees on a daily basis. In the case of a wide span of control, immediate superiors would be able to delegate annual performance reviews to their deputy if he/she had leading authority in the respective subject areas.
- Obligation: It would only be possible to refrain from the annual performance review if both parties consented. A unilateral renouncement is not possible.
- Confidentiality: All contents of an annual performance review are confidential. Generally, the annual performance review relies on the “four-eye-principle”. Information would be only available to third persons if both parties (immediate superior and employee) agreed. References concerning the execution or contents of the annual performance review will not be included into the personnel records
- There is a need for documenting whether the annual performance review has been conducted or whether both parties refrained from the conversation, via the documentation sheet for the conduction of the annual performance review. The filled in sheet shall be forwarded to the Department of HR Development through the next higher superior for reasons of reporting obligations towards the state of Hessen.
- The results of the annual performance review as well as possibly agreed upon goals shall be documented in the confidential protocol of the annual performance review and signed by both parties. Since the protocol is confidential, it needs to be stored inaccessibly for third parties.
- If HR Development needs are detected in the annual performance review, they can be noted down in the requirement report HR Development and send to the Department of HR Development upon the agreement of both parties