Information from JLU
- 'Information and Advice' brochure for teacher-training degrees
- of the Studentische Orientierungshilfe Lehramt (student group 'teaching degrees')
- Brochure "Study Abroad - Studium und Praktikum international für Lehramtsstudierende der JLU Gießen"
- Study and examination regulations with appendices, e.g. module plans and module descriptions
- Information on the first state teaching examination
- ZfL - the Centre for Teacher Training, Examinations Office for modularised intermediate and module exams
the Institute for Teacher Training and Further Education, Examinations Office. (Landesschulamt) (Click on 'Studium & Referendariat', then on 'Prüfungsstelle Gießen'.)
is responsible for final exams as well as for the recognition of studies and exams taken as part of other degree programmes or at other universities. The institute is not part of the university but works under the aegis of the Hessian Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs.
Orientation and self-examination when deciding what to study
The following links provide aids for potential students who are unsure how to gain a realistic idea of the profession, how to get feedback, whether they should become teachers and/or which type of school and combination of subjects would suit them best.
- 'Career Counselling for Teachers' - advice from teachers (including self-evaluation aids for future teacher-training students)
- Fit to Teach - self-examination for people interested in a teaching career
- German Education Server
- Hessian Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs (click on 'Lehrer/-innen', then 'Einstellung von Lehrern', then 'Lehrerbedarf - Prognosen' for a general outline in German of employment chances.
Presentations and information events
from the presentation on April 26, 2012
„Study abroad in teaching degree programmes“
„Facts instead of rumours“ from 11.05.2016. Structure of the preparatory teaching period „Finally School - Shock?!“