Open Access Monographs
Support of Open Access Monographs
The Open Access publication fund of the JLU has so far focused on scientific journals. Since free access to books is becoming increasingly important, the publication of Open Access monographs has been funded from October 2019.
Prerequisites for assumption of costs
Members of the JLU who act as authors or editors and who are responsible for paying the publication fees are eligible to apply.
- Only previously unpublished works are funded.
- All parts of the funded work must be permanent, free of charge and accessible worldwide at no cost immediately on publication.
- Bachelor and master theses as well as dissertations are excluded from funding.
- Only open access fees are financed.
- Half of the costs will be granted (max. 5,000 EUR per publication).
- Funding can be combined with other funds. In the case of publications that arise in the context of third-party funded projects, it must be checked whether the third-party funder can take over in whole or in part.
- Funding is limited to one publication per person per year.
- The grant is valid for a period of 12 months. If the publication has not taken place after the deadline, a new application for funding must be submitted.
Conditions of Funding / Publisher Eligibility
- Before publication, the work must have gone through the usual quality assurance processes within the respective discipline, e.g. by an editorial board or by peer review.
- The JLU affiliation of the authors and the funding by the Open Access publication fund of the JLU must be clearly recognizable in the publication.
- The publication must have a free license (preferably Creative Commons Attribution CC BY) and will also be published in the Giessen Electronic Library (GEB).
- The publisher should be listed as an Open Access publisher, e.g. in the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) or as a member of the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA).