With its Open Access Resolution (German) the steering committee of the Justus Liebig University (JLU) supports the Open Access principles, as they are described in the Berliner Erklärung and in the Budapest Open Access Initiative (BOAI).
In this way the JLU promotes the change in the culture of scientific publishing and communication, increases its international presence and perceives its social responsibility as a modern university to ensure free access to the findings of its researchers.
The University library in cooperation with the Giessener Center for the Study of Culture (GCSC) organize the Open Access lecture series...
- OA Publication Fund
- The publication fund financially support JLU authors for paying article processing charges in Gold Open Access journals.
- Publisher specific Open Access agreements
- The JLU has agreements with several publishers concerning Open Access publishing.
- Open Access Monographs
- Recognizing that there is a rising interest in Open Access book publishing, the JLU publication fund now also covers Open Access monographs.
- Giessener Elektronische Bibliothek (GEB)
- Giessener Elektronische Bibliothek (GEB) is the institutional repository for the JLU Gießen.
- What is Open Access?
- Open Access describes the free and unrestricted online access to scientific literature. You can differentiate between the golden and green road to Open Access.