Ten hessian universities and the HeBIS VZ (= Head Office of the Hessian Library Information System) are working together in Hesse’s federal state project HeFDI (Ger) in order to coordinate the necessary organizational and technological processes from local bases. Of central importance is the strategically crucial task to secure and provide digital research data.
- Initiating research data guidelines
- Developing training courses and counseling services
- Advising on data strategies and data management plans
- Creating a common information portal
- Giving information on legal aspects
- Developing local research data repositories that are linked all over Hesse
- Compiling tools for handling actively used data
- Funding & Organization
The project is funded by the The Hessian State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts’ innovation and structural development budget. During the first project phase (2016 to 2018) pilot projects have been testing individual aspects and an overall concept for Hessian research data infrastructure has been developed. The project coordination at JLU Giessen is located at the University Library (UB) and is working together closely with the University Computer Center (HRZ) and the Research Staff Department (StF) (Ger).