HDM-course - E-Learning Basics - Designing Digital Learning Scenarios
17.09.2020 um 00:00 bis
07.10.2020 um 15:00
all employees in teaching
date of course
16th September - 2nd October 2020, online phase
2nd October 2020, 09.00 am - 3.00 pm, attendance phase
2nd - 7th October 2020, online phase
7th October 2020, about 2.00 pm - 3.00 pm, web conference, online attendance phase
description of the course
You are teaching at university and you wonder which digital tools are at your disposal to enrich or facilitate your learners learning process?
In this workshop, you will gain a basic understanding of designing learning scenarios and you will find out which tools the learning management ILIAS has to offer.
This workshop serves as an introduction into teaching with the learning management system ILIAS. To fully comprehend the scope of possibilities this platform has to offer, you will at first reflect your own teaching in terms of learning objectives and activities.
Having identified the main learning goals of your courses, you will then gather a basic understanding of the purposes of widely used digital tools and their didactic potential.
Everyone will test and evaluate digital tools in small groups and create lesson units accordingly. In a virtual follow-up session, we will then examine the results of your group work and explore the didactic advantages of the tools in question.
The workshop is designed to help you create your own learning scenario using digital tools offered by the learning management system ILIAS. You will work in small groups to ensure that the needs of as many individuals as possible are met.
In a small introduction, basic steps of creating (digital) learning scenarios will be presented.
Before the digital tools are explored, you will gather an overview of which tools can normally be used for which learning scenario by reflecting your own course content and the learning activities of your target group.
After having created a basic outline for your own course, you will choose a tool for further exploration. Each person will then create their own digital environment for their actual course and present their result to the group.
the course will be held in english!
intended learning outcomes
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to
- understand basics in didactic design and the impact of digital technologies on teaching.
- understand digital learning concepts in general.
- include legal aspects of e-learning in higher education teaching.
- reflect learning activities of your own courses and methods for teaching.
- name and reflect learning objectives of your own teaching and identify appropriate digital tools to achieve these learning objects.
- know which tools are available on the learning management system ILIAS and freeware
- test and evaluate certain digital tools in terms of their usability for your own teaching scenarios.
- create your own digital learning scenarios.