Open Access Publication Fund
The Open Access publication fund of the JLU helps authors financing article processing charges (APCs) in Open Access journals. For APCs up to 2.000 € the JLU OA publication fund covers 50% of the costs. APCs above 2.000 € can be supported by JLU funds with 1.000 €.
You can informally apply for publication fund support by specifying the following data to the university's open access representative (see under "contact" on the right side of this page):
- name and contact details,
- title of the article / the journal,
- original of the invoice,
- a cost center / project number your share of the publication charges.
Conditions for funding
- The journal you want to publish in is an Open Access journal in the sense of the "golden road", whose articles are all accessible free of charge and without delay.
- The journal adheres to strict quality assurance procedures that are recognized in the respective field.
- The submitting / corresponding author is a member or researcher of the JLU Giessen.
- The charges incurred between November 2019 through December 2020.
The reimbursement of publication costs for single Open Access articles in subscription journals (e.g. Springer OpenChoice) is not possible. The means of the publication fund are successively assigned until the fund is exhausted. The date of receipt of the application is decisive.