The following groups of people have borrowing privileges:
- Students of the Justus Liebig University (JLU), who use their JLU student ID card, which they receive upon enrollment
- Staff members of the Justus Liebig University (JLU), who can use either a professor's personalized ID card (Personenbezogenen Professurausweis (PPA)) or a
- Interested persons, who have a place of residence in Hesse/Rhine-Hesse and are over 16, who can use a general library card.
In the following libraries, you can borrow most books and other resources:
In the other libraries (the so-called subject libraries), the loan policies are regulated individually. For more information, consult the library directory.
Items in areas open to the public
The traffic light symbols in JUSTfind designate whether an item can be borrowed and, if so, whether there are any restrictions on borrowing that item.
Traffic light symbols in JUSTfind
In the above-mentioned libraries most items are located in areas open to the public and can usually be checked out immediately (1).
The following items can only be used in the library
- journals and newspapers in areas open to the public
- volumes labelled "Nicht ausleihbar" (non-circulating) (3)
Collections in the Storage Area
Some of the items that can be borrowed are located in the storage area of the UB. You have to place a hold on these items so that they can be retrieved from this area. See "Place a Hold, Recall, Pick Up".
Books that have already been borrowed by someone else can be recalled.