Dr. Ulrike Fasbender
Tel. +49 (0)641 / 99 - 26234
Fax +49 (0)641 / 99 - 26229
Room: F 404 (F tract, 4th floor)
Since April 2017, I am working as Assistant Professor for the Work and Organizational Psychology team at the Justus-Liebig-University Giessen in Germany. Also, I am Visiting Research Fellow at Oxford Brookes University in the United Kingdom. My research interest is about diversity management, late career development and transition to retirement.
Prior to joining the Justus-Liebig-University Giessen, I was a Senior Lecturer at Oxford Brookes University; and I was appointed the role as Co-Director at the Centre for Diversity Policy Research and Practice. In my earlier days, I was doing my PhD at the Institute for Strategic Human Resource Management, Leuphana University of Lüneburg in Germany. Before and during my academic career, I have been working in both human resources management and management consulting.
My guiding principle in academia is to conduct high quality research that creates sustainable impact to society.
Specialisation: Diversity Management, Work and Organisational Psychology
PhD in Psychology, Leuphana University of Lüneburg
MSc in Psychology, University of Mannheim
- Job Search and (Re)employment among Older Workers
- Diversity in Hiring
- Late Career Development
- Intergenerational Knowledge Transfer
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Fasbender, U. & Klehe, U.-C. (2018). Job Search and (Re)employment from a Lifespan Development Perspective. Work, Aging and Retirement, 1-18. doi:10.1093/workar/way009
- Burmeister, A., Fasbender, U., & Deller, J. (2018). Being perceived as knowledge sender or knowledge receiver: A multi-study investigation of the effect of age on knowledge transfer. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 1-28. doi:10.1111/joop.12208
- Wöhrmann, A. M., Fasbender, U., & Deller, J. (2017). Does more respect from leaders postpone the desire to retire? Understanding the mechanisms of retirement decision-making. Frontiers in Psychology, 8, 1-11. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2017.01400
- Fasbender, U. & Wang, M. (2017). Intergenerational contact and hiring decisions about older workers. Journal of Managerial Psychology, 32 (3), 210-224. doi:10.1108/JMP-11-2016-0339
- Fasbender, U. & Wang, M. (2017). Negative attitudes toward older workers and hiring decisions: Testing the moderating role of decision-makers' core self-evaluations. Frontiers in Psychology, 7, 1-10. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.02057
- Fasbender, U., Wang, M., Voltmer, J.-B., & Deller, J. (2016). The meaning of work for post-retirement employment. Work, Aging and Retirement, 2, 12-23. doi:10.1093/workar/wav015
- Wöhrmann, A. M., Fasbender, U., & Deller, J. (2016). Using work values to predict post-retirement work intentions. Career Development Quarterly, 64, 98-113. doi: 10.1002/cdq.12044
- Fasbender, U., Deller, J., Wang, M., & Wiernik, B. M. (2014). Deciding whether to work after retirement: The role of psychological experience of aging. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 84, 215-224. doi:10.1016/j.jvb.2014.01.006