Online seminar of the Career Services department at the ZfbK: Next Level LinkedIn® (1)
von 16:00 bis 18:30
|Wo||Online via Cisco Webex|
The events take place as online seminars. Please register for it in Stud.IP. All participants will receive the link to the online seminar via Cisco Webex one day before. General information on the use of Cisco Webex can be found on the following Page.
Optimizing your profile potential, attracting recruiters & strategies for increasing your internship and job leads
With over 500 million users, LinkedIn® is an integral component of business networking across the globe. This workshop will dive deep into what your profile should include; how to use keywords to your advantage; how to craft a unique summary; and how to grow and maintain your network. We will focus in on the wide range of active and passive job search techniques that can be utilized on the platform.
This Workshop will cover:
• What LinkedIn® can be used for and how it functions
• What it means to have an optimized profile and how to create one
• What your profile should – and should not – include
• How recruiters use LinkedIn® and what they are looking for in a LinkedIn profile
• How to communicate with recruiters, new contacts and grow your network
• Tools and techniques for utilizing LinkedIn® in your passive, active, domestic and international job search
• How to leverage industry & company research on LinkedIn® (Company pages, salary insights, etc.)
• How to put all of LinkedIn’s® features to use: publishing, groups, university alumni networks, etc.
• Comparison: LinkedIn® vs. Xing®
The workshop consists of two workshop days of two hours each. After workshop day #1 on (LinkedIn® basics and job search strategies), students have 1 week to implement what was discussed in the workshop in preparation for workshop day #2 on (profile building and optimizing).
Please only register for the course if you are able to participate on both workshop days!
Students are asked to have a look at the videos provided on the Pre-Workshop Student Preparation Portal and to fill in a survey beforehand to customize the workshop to the students' needs. You will receive the link to the Portal together with the Webex-Link approx. 1 week before workshop day #1.
Lecturer: Jessica Schüller is a career coach, trainer, & international educator.