Support and Accompanying Programme in 2021
- Support and Accompanying Programme for VIP-Students
At JLU we are committed to offering you an all-round virtual experience!
Our support and accompanying programme invites you to
- participate in the online orientation week at JLU
- take part in virtual social and cultural events at JLU, offerd by JLU's Intercultural Meeting Center Lokal International
- get insights in German culture and student life at JLU
- learn languages with native speakers in Tandem
- connect with German and international students, who, just like you, are also taking virtual studies from home
Get to know our e-mentors team:
During your virtual exchange at JLU, a team of six e-mentors will accompany your study experience.
Your e-mentors are JLU-students from different faculties who are happy to:
- Provide personal advice on student issues by e-mail and video call
- Organise informal get-togethers with German and international fellow students
- Give you insights into student life and culture at JLU and in Giessen
- Take you to cultural and social virtual activities and events taking place
Your e-mentors are:
Moin, I have just started my Master’s degree in wine business (Faculty 09) at JLU and moved to Giessen a week ago. I am happy not to be alone while discovering Giessen and to have you on my side. German is my mother tongue, but I speak English fluently, and also a bit of Spanish. I am curious to meet you.
Hello, my name is Shadi and I'm 30 years old. After finishing my studies as a dentist, I am now studying medicine in the 7th semester (faculty 11) to become an Oro-maxillofacial surgeon. As a foreign student at JLU who faced a lot of problems during my start, I will help you to solve any problems you will face or to avoid them. My favorite food is Hummus. Oh wait. Falafel too!!
Hello, my name is Kia. I am 25 years old and I started this term with my Master's programme "Intercultural Communication and Business" at Faculty 05 (Language, Literature and Culture). Besides German being my mother language, I can also speak English, Farsi and French. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding JLU Giessen.
Hi, my name is Youmna. I'm 24 years old and I'm currently studying dentistry at JLU (Faculty 11). My mother tongue is Arabic, and I'm also fluent in English and German. As a foreign student myself I am very familiar with the issues you could face while studying abroad, so if you ever have any question, feel free to contact me and I will be glad to help you."
Hello, my name is Larissa and I am 25 years old. I am currently studying Nutritional Sciences (Faculty 09) and I am in the third semester of my Master's degree. I speak German and English fluently and a little bit of Spanish as well.
Hi, my Name is Ronny and I´m studying for my Master´s degree in Eastern European History and Political Science (Faculty 04). I also completed my Bachelor's programme in Giessen, so I already have some experience with administrative things. At the winter term 2019/20 I studied in Minsk at the Belarusian State University and know the issues that come with spending a semester at a foreign university. I´m happy that I can use my own experience to help you. You can contact me in German and English.