Document Actions

First State Examination

60% of each student's grade for the first state teaching examination is derived from the grades achieved in module examinations in the course of his or her degree programme. The remaining 40% come from the final state examination taken at the end of the university-based part of the programme.

Further information on the first state examination for modularised and non-modularised teacher-training degrees is available on the website of the Landesschulamt (LSA) - Prüfungsstelle Gießen. (Click on 'Studium', then on 'Gießen'.) This information includes 

  • important dates,
  • tips on writing the dissertation,
  • application forms for permission to submit the dissertation
  • and grading guidelines for education degrees.

See the webpages of the Centre for Teacher Training for more information about exams.