Gamification: Teaching playfully with digital tools in (online) tutorial courses
von 14:00 bis 16:00
|Wo||Online (Access after Registration)|
Gamification is a trending topic in teaching these days (cf. Chee 2016; Kim et al. 2018; Heusinger 2020; Zumbach 2021). Increasing digitalization and the interest in creative engagement with digital tools are a basis for the use of playful elements in courses. Tutors, in their role as young and innovative young teachers, are in a privileged position to try out gamified teaching approaches.
In our short workshop, we are going to introduce tutors to the basics of gamification. Together we will discuss both the potentials and various practical tips for effective gamified teaching. Participants will get an overview of different digital tools that are particularly suitable for gamified approaches in teaching. In the last part of the workshop, participants will perform a practical exercise, having the opportunity to practice what they have learnt.
- Know the basics of gamification and game-based learning;
- Recognize the potentials of game-based teaching and learning approaches in (online) tutorial courses;
- Be familiar with risks and difficulties that digital tools bring to teaching;
- Find out digital tools for your own teaching practice and group of participants;
- Deal confidently with playful digital tools in online and face-to-face teaching.
|Trainer||Dr. Inês Gamelas, Darya Frantskevich|
|Target Group||International Students/Tutors|
|Date||13th June, 2022, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Language||This event is held in English .|