Check out – Reflection course for international students and tutors
In teaching, not only the planning and the lecturing of the courses itself that are essential, but also the critical reflection at the end of each session. Reflecting on one's own teaching is part of every lecturer's daily life. Reviewing the teaching methods used, reflecting on the achievement of teaching and learning goals or on the effectiveness of a particular digital tool, as well as thinking about the ups and downs at the level of communication with the students are best teaching practices. In addition to individual reflection, it is recommended that lecturers exchange their different experiences in peer formats as part of a continuous learning process.
Following the idea of "learning with and from each other", the tutors´ qualification offers tutors the opportunity to reflect on their own teaching experiences at the end of the semester and to share them with their peers in an open space. International students and tutors are welcomed to discuss and compare teaching methods, strategies and practices.
Intended learning goals
- Share experiences in the (online) tutorials under the motto "learn with and from each other";
- Reflect on the role as a tutor, especially with regard to the initial expectations, the experiences made as a tutor and the sessions attended in the tutors´qualification program;
- Discuss in the group the successes and difficulties of tutoring in Higher Education;
- Develop possible strategies for dealing with complex situations that may arise in the future;
- State the relevance of the training contents in the tutor´s qualification program for one's own work as a tutor.
|Trainer||Dr. Inês Gamelas (JLU)|
|Target Group||International students/tutors, tutors from all departments|
|Date||04. Juli 2022, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m|
|Language||This event is held in English .|