DER WAGEN. Ein Theater- Roadmovie durch Deutschland
In summer 2019, the theater ensemble buehnendautenheims undertakes an unlikely tour through Germany. It travels as a hiking troupe, with a 100-year-old hay wagon stage across the country - from Dautenheim in Rhenish Hesse to Berlin. In their luggage they carry the stage play "The Great Theater of the World" by Pedro Calderón de la Barca. Every day, the ensemble covers 40 kilometers; every evening, they perform in marketplaces, outdoor swimming pools, and in front of churches and castles.
The experiences of their journey are now transformed into a documentary theatrical Roadmovie. "DER WAGEN" offers an unusual glance at Germany, from the countryside to the city, from West to East, through the centuries.
With their specially built cinema bus, the buehnendautenheims repeat their journey from August 14 - 22, 2021. Along the itinerary of their baroque theater tour, they will once again stop at nine selected stations and show the experiences condensed into 90 minutes.
Each stop will also be shown in the film.
Popcorn and cold drinks will be available at the cinema store.
a Film by Dominik Hallerbach and Johannes Karl
- 14 August 2021: Freilichtbühne Dautenheim, Rheinland-Pfalz
- 15 August 2021: Ortenberg, Hessen
- 16 August 2021: Blankenau, Hessen
- 17 August 2021: Marksuhl, Thüringen
- 18 August 2021: Ziegelroda, Sachsen-Anhalt
- 19 August 2021: Mühlbeck, Sachsen-Anhalt
- 20 August 2021: Schloss Wiepersdorf, Brandenburg
- 21 August 2021: Klausdorf, Brandenburg
- 22 August 2021: Berlin