International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences (GGL)
- Welcome to all our new GGL Members
- We would like to welcome our 20 new members, who will start their doctoral research with the support of the GGL this semester and wish them all the best! For the coming three years we will assist you in your doctoral studies and look forward to witness your progress in your respective field of life sciences.
- Pathways into Life Science Professions
Pathways into Life Science Professions is a training and mentoring programme for international and German doctoral candidates of the GGL. During your doctoral studies, you already need to prepare yourself for your entry into the life science job market.
- Lehre 4.0 - E-Learning for Young Academics
- The project "Lehre 4.0 - E-Learning for Young Academics" is a joint project between the Giessen Graduate Centre for Social, Economic and Legal Sciences (GGS) as the lead centre, the Giessen University Computer Centre (HRZ), the International Graduate Centre for Study of Culture (GCSC/GGK), the International Giessen Graduate Centre for Life Sciences (GGL) and the Centre for Foreign Language and Occupational Skills (ZfbK). The aim of the project is to bundle and expand existing education programmes in the field of digitised university teaching at the JLU in order to qualify and support young teachimg scientists in the use of digital media in university teaching. You can find futher information here.
- Testimonials of our Alumni
While we hosted our Life Science Bridges Event in the summer of 2017, we interviewed some of our alumni about their time as a member of the GGL. We also asked them to pass some advice and experience on to new generations of young researchers. Take a look at their testimony to find out, where they are now and what they have to say.