Services and Costs
How much is the International Summer Course?
- € 570 for exchange students, or
- € 770 for all other applicants
Applicants to Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen University of Applied Sciences please contact incoming-exchange for further information on costs.
We ask for your understanding that we already have work with your application after your registration. Therefore, please note that in the event of a cancellation - for whatever reason - processing fees will be charged.
- Cancellations before August 15: € 100
- Cancellations after August 15: € 300
Service fees also apply to scholarship holders.
Living Costs in Giessen
- accommodation: around € 325 per month (including linen, utilities, and internet access)
- Deposit: € 250 (refunded at the end of your stay, a service charge is deducted)
- Cost of living: around € 300 per month
- Health insurance: around € 100 per month
How to pay the course fee:
Having registered for the International Summer Course, you will receive an email from us. It will include a request for the payment of € 300,- as a first instalment to the account indicated in the invoice. After receiving the payment you will get a confirmation of participation by email.
The rest is due by September 15, 2020 and must be transferred to the account indicated on the invoice.
International money transfers can cause additional costs. These will not be covered by Justus Liebig University. Please ask your bank for details.
Please note: As soon as you have received our confirmation of payment, you should begin to apply for a visa (if applicable)!
The following services are in included in the course fee:
- practice-oriented intensive language courses conducted by highly-qualified teachers (100 sessions of 45 min. each)
- support by our well-trained student mentors
- learning materials
- a public transport ticket (to travel around in Giessen by bus as often as you like) for the duration of the course
- rechargeable electronic card for reduced meals at student cafeterias and student restaurants.
- coffee and tea during breaks
- free internet access in all all buildings of Justus Liebig University and in the halls of residence for the duration of the course
- pick-up service from Giessen's main train station on the day of arrival