About the GGS
The Giessen Graduate Centre for Social and Economic Sciences and Law (Giessener Graduiertenzentrum Sozial-, Wirtschafts- und Rechtswissenschaften – GGS), which opened its doors on June 18, 2012, addresses doctoral students and postdocs of JLU faculties 01, 02 and 03, as well as doctoral students and postdocs of related faculties whose focus of research matches that of the GGS.
It is the aim of the GGS to create a research-intensive environment, training and further education programmes which are geared to the target group, and the chance to already establish a national and international network during the early phase of scientific qualification, hence offering the best possible framework conditions to the up-and-coming junior scientists of the GGS.
- GGS Office
- The GGS office is the place to go for all questions concerning the goods and services of the GGS. The office plans and organizes all offers to its members. Furthermore, it offers advice and member support of all varieties.
- GGS Steering Group
- The GGS steering group is the GGS‘ highest panel. It consists of two professors each of all three GGS faculties (01-03), implementing the overall strategy, as well as assuming control and management tasks.
- Services at the GGS
The GGS offers a wide range of goods and services to its members, which – amongst others – includes the following areas:
- GGS qualification programme,
- GGS research sections as an institutional basis for research activities,
- counselling and support,
- mentoring programmes,
- financing of qualification measures concerning the up-and-coming scientists, as well as special offers of support for GGS scientists graduating on an international level.