International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences (GGL)
- International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences
- The GGL provides an interdisciplinary, concisely structured graduate programme for all life science disciplines at the Justus Liebig University, in the fields of Human, Dental and Veterinary Medicine, Psychology and Sport Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Nutritional and Agricultural and Environmental Sciences. Based on our diversity of disciplines and nationalities, we have built a comprehensive concept for doctoral research where a topic-oriented doctoral project is embedded in the multidisciplinary research background of the GGL. We offer seminars, practical courses, research retreats and essential skills for academic and business careers.
- 15th GGL Annual Conference
- The International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences invites you to the 15th GGL Conference at 14 - 15 September, 2022. The GGL doctoral researchers of all ten interdisciplinary research sections will contribute to the programme and present their recent research results. Each session will be opened by a guest speaker who is an expert in the specific field. This year all GGL members will present short talks or posters to introduce their research projects. Prizes which are donated by industrial supporters or the GGL will be awarded in the categories best talk, best posters and best GGL photograph.
- Wege in die Promotion 2022
Most people interested in graduation ask the same questions: Where should I start? How do I finance my PhD-project and most important: Does a doctoral degree really match with my personal interests?
Like every year, the GGL joint forces with several teaching centres and organisations to deliver some answers. In “Wege in die Promotion 2022” we address financing, organisation and the local peculiarities of a graduation at the JLU. The event takes place on 28th June in various virtual rooms held via Webex from 1. 00 p.m. to 4. 30 p.m.
- New GGL Board of Directors
- On 17 February 2022 the postal election of the board of directors of the GGL was completed. All candidates were unanimously (re-)elected for a term of 3 years: Prof. Eveline Baumgart-Vogt (FB11) as speaker, Prof. Bernhard Spengler (FB08) as vice speaker and Prof. Benjamin Lamp (FB 10) as vice speaker. Congratulations! With this election, Prof. Martin Diener retires from his position as vice speaker. The GGL would like to thank him once again for his many years of constructive cooperation!
- Testimonials of our Alumni
While we hosted our Life Science Bridges Event in the summer of 2017, we interviewed some of our alumni about their time as a member of the GGL. We also asked them to pass some advice and experience on to new generations of young researchers. Take a look at their testimony to find out, where they are now and what they have to say.