GGS Workshop: Academic Writing, Paper Presentation and Discussion (particularly in the fields of accounting, economics, finance, governance, and management)
16.11.2020 um 09:00 bis
18.11.2020 um 17:00
|Wo||Justus-Liebig University Giessen, information about the room will follow soon (depending on the development of COVID-19, an online implementation is possible)|
The workshop primarily targets doctoral candidates but postdocs can participate as well
|Instructor:||Junior Professor Dr Peter Limbach|
November 16, 2020, 9.00 am - 6.00 pm,
November 17, 2020, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
November 18, 2020, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
|Course language:||English (German, if only German-speaking participants)|
October 15, 2020
- Improve writing skills (e.g., how to write an abstract and introduction, how to facilitate skimming, the structure of a paper, tables and figures, English language and writing style).
- Improve presentation techniques (e.g., the structure of a presentation, slide design, English language, body language, psychological aspects, answering questions the right way).
- Learn how to discuss a paper (e.g., the structure of a discussion, which aspects of a paper should be emphasized/criticized, how to assess data sets and empirical results).
- Comprehend why writing, presenting and discussing papers is important and what you should and should not do.
- Recognize that more or less every paper can be criticized and what that means for your own paper write-up, presentation, and selection of topics to work on.
- Improve your economic and econometric understanding and reasoning, your ability to assess empirical studies and econometric methods, and learn more about the importance of counterfactuals as well as alternative explanations and other endogeneity concerns.