Applications by Exchange Students and 'Free Movers'
For students on an official exchange programme:
Apply via the director of the relevant exchange program at your home university. Your program director will pass on your application documents to his/her opposite number at JLU Giessen, and will brief you on
-> how to apply.
for entry in the Winter Semester: 15 June
for entry in the Summer Semester: 15 December
- Important information for applicants from the People's Republic of China, Mongolia, and Vietnam (you need the APS-certificate)
For Free Movers (outside of programmes, agreements or partnership contracts):
"Free Movers", i.e. non-degree-seeking students who come to JLU Giessen for only one or two semesters outside of programmes, agreements or partnership contracts, must submit their application via the application portal of Justus Liebig University Giessen. After completing the online application, a "cover letter" will be created as a PDF file. Please send this cover letter by e-mail to Ms Smolka and Ms Wobisch by the application deadline.
The information on the following ("external") pages on the courses offered by JLU (please do not follow the instructions for online application, but the procedure described here!) will help you to fill out the application for admission.
You can find a list of classes taught in English here.
The following documents must be uploaded to the applicant portal:
- a confirmation of supervision by a professor. Only you can request this from a professor of your subject area at JLU Giessen. You can find the names and addresses of professors on the pages of the faculties and departments.
- a current certificate of study from your home university (as a certified translation into German or English).
The following application deadlines apply to "Free Movers":
- for the winter semester: July 15
- for the summer semester: January 15