Document Actions

Applying and Enroling for a Doctoral Programme

All around studying as an international doctoral student at JLU Giessen.

First of all, send your application to the professor of your choice at one of JLU's faculties or to one of our renowned doctoral programmes.

Should you decide to enrol for your doctoral studies (which may not be necessary), you have to apply through the JLU application portal. You will need to upload the following documents:


  • an officially certified copy (in either English or German) of your school-leaving certificate and of your bachelor or master degree certificates, including a full academic transcript
  • CV
  • the letter of consent from your supervisor (a short letter from your supervisor at JLU Giessen stating that s/he is willing to act as your academic supervisor) or a letter of admission from the respective doctoral study programme

-> Please see our manual on how to submit your application and how to enrol