Doctorate Faculty 09
- A doctorate consists of a dissertation (a published written thesis) assessed by a small committee of examiners appointed by the university, and an oral examination (public defense). After having successfully completed both thesis and defense the doctoral candidate is awarded the title of Dr. oec. troph., Dr. troph. or Dr. agr. Graduates with a Diploma or a Master’s Degree having achieved a certain final grade are entitled to enrol for a doctoral programme. The details of enrolment and processing a doctorate are regulated by the promotion regulations.
- Here we provide various forms necessary for the administrative processing of your doctorate in Agricultural Sciences, Nutritional Sciences and Environmental Management. Please make sure that you hand in all required documents in time.
- Promotion Committee and Regulations
- If you have any questions regarding a promotion please contact Beate Ackermann (Promotion office).
- Defense and Oral Examination
Defense and Oral Examination - Not in public until further notice!
(Members of the university are entitled to attend the defence in a passive capacity. The schedule of oral examinations is published on the internal pages (german language)).
- International Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences (GGL)
The GGL provides an interdisciplinary, concisely structured graduate program for all life science disciplines at the JLU, in the fields of Human and Dental Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Psychology, Biology, Chemistry, Nutrition and Agriculture.
In the GGL, doctoral projects are embedded in topic-oriented research sections. Admission is international, and teaching is carried out in English. In addition, the medical faculties offer a PhD programme.
- International Office (Akademisches Auslandsamt)
The homepage of the international office providesespecially regarding German language courses, scholarships or any other issue about living and studying in Giessen.