Document Actions

Thesis in a company

It is possible to write your master thesis in cooporation with a company. Your first examiner must be a member of JLU and a professor, or an associate professor (Privatdozent), or a doctoral researcher permanently employed at JLU, or a doctoral junior research group leader. The second examiner can be a person of the company with academic qualification, who will then need a teaching assignment. This has to be requested by the first examiner. The whole registration process for the master thesis is the same as with two examiners of the university and has to be submitted to the examination office.

In case you want to complete your internship (MP 196) and the Master Thesis in the same company, this has to take place in succession. It is not possible to complete an internship (MP 196) and at the same time write and register the master thesis in the same company.