How can I apply?
Current application period: April 11, 2022 till May 26, 2022 (12:00 am)
Please submit your complete application digitally, as a single PDF file (last name, first name_type of stay_current study programme.pdf) only during the above application period and within the deadline. Please pay attention to the specified order of the documents to be submitted. Please send your application to:
Application documents (to be submitted as a single PDF file in the order as listed below):
- Enrollment Certificate of JLU
- Online application
- motivation letter (in German or English, approx. 1 DIN A4 page)
- tabular curriculum vitae without photo
- Flex-Now printout (if applicable, other proof of previous academic achievements) and copy of the Bachelor's certificate (for Master's students)
- Language certificate (you are welcome to use the offer of the ZfbK for DAAD language tests). Due to the current situation, language certificates can be submitted until June 21,2022!
- Tabular overview of the expected costs during the stay abroad (cost breakdown for accommodation, meals, local transport, etc.). Also, please indicate whether you receive other scholarships or Auslands BAföG, or, if doing an internship/work placement, whether it will be remunerated.
For study-related visits, please also submit the following:
- Confirmation of the semester abroad at the host university. For stays at partner universities of JLU, of the nomination by the exchange representative or programme officer is sufficient.
For internships please also submit the following:
- Internship confirmation letter from the host institution stating the specific duration of the internship
- For mandatory internships: Confirmation of recognition of the internship by the faculty
For final theses, please also submit the following:
- Informal letter from your supervisor at JLU confirming your thesis
- Letter of invitation from the host institution stating a specific time period
- Detailed work plan of the tasks during the time abroad with a focus on the preparation of the final thesis
For winter and summer schools, please also submit the following:
- Master's certificate (only for doctoral students)
- Certificate of study or acceptance confirmation from the doctoral committee (copy or scan is sufficient)
- Acceptance confirmation from the host institution with details of the type, duration, content, working language, fees and conditions for participation of the selected course (please attach the course agenda including the enrolment fees)
- Proof of the amount of credit points that can be earned in the specialised course (please discuss recognition with your department)
Important: If, at the time of application, there is no acceptance confirmation from the host institution, for example because the procedure has not yet been opened or completed, please contact us via email before handing in your application.