Postdoc situation is very challenging and you may face some of these questions:
- Are you ready to run your own lab?
- Are you qualified enough to teach your own courses?
- Are you prepared to work in an industrial setting?
These are fundamental questions for the most of the postdocs in the life sciences. The GGL postdoc programme is dedicated to help you answer questions about your professional development.
Giessen Graduate Centre for the Life Sciences Postdoc Programme (GGLP) in cooperation with Postdoc Career and Mentoring Office (PCMO) offer the opportunities for the enhancement of postdocs’ qualification.
Our main goal is to ensure high-quality provision of professional development trainings and individuall councelling for researchers who are in the early (middle) stages of their careers.
You are successful in academia if you are good at:
- Planning the career in advance;
- Developing networking among postdocs;
- Enhancing leadership competences;
- Fostering professional skills with the help of training programmes;
- Obtaing further knowledge, e.g., in third-party funding, networking, project management; - Contributing to the quality of the research.